Just the other day I was talking to a friend about restaurant & shop businesses and how our town has barely anything to do. So we ended up making a list of things that we would have in a town if we were to have the choice or make it ourselves. This is mine here, but I would absolutely LOVE to hear yours!
· A water park themed around Ancient Greece & Greek Mythology. Huge slides, water fountains, crazy river rapids, underwater tunnels and tunnels that lead you into hidden caverns, bars you can swim up to, mermaid tails you can wear.
· A gigantic theme park with over 100 rollercoasters and rollercoaster transportation.
· A manor house with lots of gardens, a giant hedge maze, where fancy dress tea parties are annually held every Saturday at the centre.
· An ice rink that is inside an ice castle & themed around the Snow Queen. Torches with blue flames & smoke machines. A dungeon you can go into & a dragon you can talk to that breathes fire.
· A disco glow in the dark bowling alley.
· Cupcakery, Wagamama, fast food court (McDonald's etc.), Ye Olde Sweet Shop (like Honeydukes), an Ice Cream Parlour, ChoccyWoccyDoodah, Starbucks.
· Japanese store that is like a small supermarket & sells gothic lolita clothing (eg. Tokyo Royale, Angelic Pretty, Sweet Rococo, Rose Chocolat) anime/manga, Japanese music, Japanese Ramen & other various produce.
· A sports centre with a giant trampoline that takes up a hall.
· An indoor goth market.
· Other little quirky clothing stores & gift shops. (for example Modcloth, Irregular Choice, Tarina Tarantino, Patricia Field, Curious Tales, PunkyPins, Alexander McQueen)
· A fairly large concert venue for bands of all kinds.
· A permanent fun fair with a fun house, giant rotating hamster wheel, waltzers, giant tower slide, blue candyfloss, wacky rides, lots of crazy game stalls, an arcade, a themed fight area (cake fight, water fight, paint fight etc)
· An opera house & ballet
· A theatre with unorthodox productions & live shows of RHPS.
· A variety of classes available. Bellydancing, bollywood dancing, art classes, photography, make up art, craft classes, creative writing classes, circus performing, sock knitting, jewellery making etc.
· Theme restaurants. Like haunted house, Sweetie Pie (in NYC), retro American diner etc.
· Roller discos.
· Tons of cute little quirky cafes with things going on inside them such as indie film showings, downstairs sewing & offbeat poetry clubs.
· Art galleries, museums of all kinds and exhibitions.
· A library like the one in Beauty and the Beast.
· Plenty of communities so like minded people could get together and enjoy themselves.
· A mystical forest that could lead you to magical places!
· Medieval fairs.
· A travelling circus that came into town
· And finally (+ most importantly), where everyone is treated equally & accepted for how they dress.
Of course you don't have to be nearly as complex when creating your own, mine serves as just a guide/ideas for you!