Start!: Spinning Classes



Holy hell! Something I haven't told you about yet that I also did this week besides trying contacts is a spinning class. The first thing that popped into my head when I heard Miranda whinging about being late for her spinning class in an episode of SATC was a group of lycra clad people in a room with their arms outstretched spinning in circles (don't ask). It really isn't like that at all.

Basically what I did was a 45 minute session of cycling on a stationery bike attempting various different exercises, paces and techniques while riding.

Just so you know - this class is not for the faint hearted. Or the faint stamina-ed. It had been a while since I had done some real intensive cardiovascular exercise. I did terribly at it and my arse & legs are killing me. I also felt extremely nauseous by the end, nearly threw up & ended up having to sit desperately on some steps eating Lucozade gummy beans as the instructor galloped off laughing like a psychotic fitness stallion in the distance.

However, despite the horrific experience of it all, I must say it probably is a very good calorie burner and toner - but I probably will have to take a double take taking into consideration my poor conditions. I only had two hours sleep, my fitness as I said, isn't great, and my blood sugar was a bit iffety. So I'll probably have to give it another go in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I had to do that on a P.E. excursion. I swear I nearly died (not literally obviously).

    ReplyDelete