Arthur Review


Arthur wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. This is another one of those films where you have to have a slight appreciation for immature humour, however this was not nearly as crass as Your Highness, and a lot more daft as opposed to annoyingly retarded.

I thought it was ok, overall. By Russell Brand standard, not as nearly as obscence as expected. Since I have never watched the original movie, so I can't say whether it was better or worse, but veteran watchers claim that indeed it is an atrocious remake. Russell Brand is just being himself, as always, albeit with a slightly higher pitched, attempted upper class voice. I found the part where Russell is shooting nails at the top of a building speaking to himself funny, you know, cause I do that sometimes. Other than that it wasn't totally hilarious.

Should you watch this? I guess it is kind of stupid. But what can I say? I really didn't find it that offensive. If you're a fan of Russell Brand, then, you may well really like it.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to give it a shot, although I am a big Dudley Moore fan and love the original. ^_^ You should give the original a shot, too. Dudley Moore was so cute.

    ReplyDelete