Day 73/365 & Day 7/Th13teen - Scareshow Review


"Is it a dream?
All the ones I have loved calling out my name.
The sun warms my face.
All the days of my life, I see them passing me by.

In my heart I know I can let go.
In the end I will find some peace inside.
New wings are growing tonight."

- the Swan Song, Within Temptation

About today in a short summary - Scareshow at Church Farm was ok overall; however fell short of my expectations quite a bit. Of the whole of Scareshow, my favourite part was the Creepy Cottage due to the more intimate nature & sense of panic which that created. There was one part in the route where our group had to duck under a grid ceiling, over which an actor was climbing and snarling - that definitely made me scream. Also the maximum amount a group could consist of was four people, which I think made the whole thing ten times more terrifying than the other attractions there. 
Scares fell flat in the Nightmare Circus seemingly because of the general small size, & Haunted Hayride (which isn’t really a hayride at all – more of a return ride in a tractor to a forest walk and back) mostly due to the combination of a lack of actors and a slightly larger than average group size (there seemed to be about 30-ish people going through). But, it was a half decent transition back into the scare attraction season. I won't totally knock it. It wasn't terrible. 

Pictures tomorrow (as I am too tired now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment