Stratford-upon-Avon

Today a friend and I went down to Shakespeare Country. Since I didn't know much about Stratford-upon-Avon prior to arriving, we just went exploring around.

Pick-chores!!






I loved the church, but we arrived too early to go inside to see Shakespeare's grave, and forgot to go back.


Got completely fascinated by the movement of the fountain, as it kept spiraling in the wind.



Crazy squirrel chase.






The car ride, which I sadly didn't get any good photos of, was probably my favourite part of the day. The morning mist on the farms and hills before we reached Stratford-upon-Avon, was absolutely breathtaking (it was also surprisingly chilly!).
That, along with the kind woman who let me cuddle her King Charles spaniel, Allie.
Of course, the best moments are the ones you have to experience and not try to be capturing!
However this has inspired me to attempt early morning forest photography (some time soon).

As a tourist location, I found Stratford-upon-Avon a bit underwhelming. It's a lovely place to have a picnic, but there are minimal attractions (we happened upon a Harry Potter time travelling themed oddity, that sold butterbeer ice cream), not many walks, and a great deal of the architecture is modernised. Nevertheless, we had a lovely day!

Have you Stitchearts been on walks anywhere recently? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment